Sunday, January 29, 2006

The Hi-Life

More info at my new site, SeattleBarBlog.com

Here we go, first off - Happy hour is Monday - Friday from 3 p.m. until 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. 'til midnight. Evidently, there's no Saturday or Sunday happiness. The Hi part as far as I'm concerned is the roof and the price you'll pay for dinner. And on to happy hour we go.

There are several things there for $3. A sampling of the list...breads, salads, and 4 different kinds of pizzas, 4 slices each. I had the pepperoni one. The drinks are beers, wines and wells. It wasn't that great, but it was good enough to satisfy my hunger and some vittles to have with my drink. Both about average for a Seattle bar.

I had a cranberry and vodka, and it was average, but not below average. I have to say the bar service isn't all that friendly, and the bill took a long time to come out.

On the restauarant side, I was more pleased. Every few months, they change some of the food around. I had a really good steak and a Caesar salad, they were very good. I will go back for dinner and the occasional happy hour.

More info at my new site, SeattleBarBlog.com

Website

3 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

TheGlen! I checked out the Hi-Life (aka ex-Ballard Firehouse) for dinner this last Saturday. Can't say much about your beloved Happy Hour, but I will say that the single $ dollar sign on the rating on Citysearch was misleading. I don't consider $35-each-later after one glass of wine and creatively-shared entrees to be on the cheaper-eats scale. However, the food was good, and our out of town guests seemed impressed with the place. But it was more phancy-pants than I expected!

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger blogblog said...

Glad you checked ot the Hi-Life. I see you again the prices are high, so you should be relieved with the happy hour themed literarly as a "$3 happy hour", "good things come in 3s".

So, go...GO now thelinda, with you slightly less then fancy pants and eat and drink until your are all $3 funny.

 
At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All your base are belong to us! Is that Engrish speak you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Blog Directory


Blog Search Engine

Feed Burner