Tuesday, February 14, 2006

An experience at The People's Pub

More info at my new site, SeattleBarBlog.com

The Review of The People's Pub is here.

This took place after the Smoking Ban was put into place and I could finally breath, see, smell and taste properly, not to mention decrease my chances of getting heart disease, cancer, etc...

It started out as it always does, we get a two-man table and right away get a pitcher of Strongbow, of course. The place was very busy that night and it took a bit to get our food, but that only gave us time enough to order a second pitcher of the good stuff, aka Strongbow.

As the conversation drifted between women, work, old friends, and jackasses, the bar really picked up and an older gentleman sat at the closest bar seat to our table - ok not a problem. But, he was all figity and seemed kind of grumpy. I guess that's to be expected when you're old and in a bar by yourself.

To the table ahead there were two guys and two girls, but from seperated parties and were not associating with each other. I thought to myself, that guy ought to introduce himself. As if my vibes and thoughts transcended over the room, the two started talking and the girl seemed really interested. I didn't see a number exchange, but that easily could have happened after what seemed like a good conversationg between the two. Take note guys, talk talk talk, get number, sleep eat, repeat.

The food finally came, and the waitress had a southern twang, a nice touch. And then Tom reached for the ketchup and as I'm in my own bratwurst world, the ketchup evidently explodes. He explains this to the waitress, and evidently this is a slightly common thing. It has something to do with when they refill the ketchup. Isn't that odd? What out next time.

All the food and drink was good as usual. Lessons learned : smoking ban = more business, old bar men are cranky, get the number, southern twangs will get you a good tip, and watch out for the ketchup.
More info at my new site, SeattleBarBlog.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Blog Directory


Blog Search Engine

Feed Burner