Wednesday, February 22, 2006

An experience at The Triangle Lounge

More info at my new site, SeattleBarBlog.com

The review of The Triangle Lounge is here.

2/4/2005
Not that I don't like that place, but I didn't think I'd be there anytime soon. But, the kickballers decided to meet there after kickball for drinks and general buffoonery. I'm in.

This time, it was interesting. We were to meet there at 5:45, and I got there at about 5:50. I check the restaurant side, no kb's, I check the bar side, no kb's. However, this was a chance to review the menu, and specials, etc. About 10 minutes go bye and no in showing. Did I miss something? A few minutes later, a girl looking like she was looking for people gandered just like I did and sat at the bar, at the far end. I thought she might be from the group, but I didn't recognize her.

Minutes are passing, precious drinking minutes, happy hour minutes, they're all ticking away. Then finally, someone I know comes in the door, and says, oh you don't recognize her? Yeah, she's with us. And so the imbibing can begin, oh how waited for this moment.

The bartender was nice, yes indeed, right nice. More people staring showing up and we slowly took over the area. I got the wings, very tasty and tangy, more honey than spice, but good. Now, the best part is I was the muddiest from the kickball game, so that earned me a free drink. I met a nice couple that was new to the group, and one was from the UK, then PA. His female counterpart was PA only. He exchanged tales of work and stuff. He was from the steel industry, didn't want it anymore, had two phone interviews with Boeing, and was hired, and now, who knew he'd be sitting with the finest kick ball players in town, AND next to me, lucky chap.

A little more beer flowed, as did food, but alas, I had to cut out early.

Lessons learned : People just may be EXACTLY who they seem, honey wings CAN be good, not all British people have bad teeth, and Bud Light is still the king of light beers. Thanks and happy blarrin'.
More info at my new site, SeattleBarBlog.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Blog Directory


Blog Search Engine

Feed Burner