Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Old Town Ale House

More info at my new site, SeattleBarBlog.com

I like this place. It's a little limited, but that's only because it does it's own thing that many other places don't.

I'll start off with the good stuff. The serve Strongbow Apple Cider, and as any person who reads this blog knows, or knows me, I can't get enough of that stuff. Secondly, their fries are great and piled high, and once again, this is a place where I like to have a little bit of vittles. They're never soggy and have a great blend of seasoning you won't find anywhere else.

Then, there's all the Belgian Beers. I mean, if you can't find a beer to fit your pallet here, then you won't ever find it. Five words : Lindemans Framboise Raspberry Lambic Beer. Wow, that stuff is great, try it, heck you even get a fancy glass.

Now, the atmosphere. It's a bit on the mature side, meaning, you're not going to find too many 21-25s in there. This may be because it's not a full bar, it's not loud and the menu is unique. The sandwiches are good, and they even have jambalaya. I'm not too hip on any of their food, but the fries are still good.

I had a glass of their Pinot Grio, and it was less than satisfying. A bit flat and I thought it could be a bit sweeter, but oh well.

Oh, and this place is very clean, hard wood floors, great lighting, and has ALWAYS been non smoking, or else I wouldn't have started going there in the first place. So, go if you like a relaxed, pretty much white collar, non punk, non rebellious, place to drink beer with your good friends.
More info at my new site, SeattleBarBlog.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Blog Directory


Blog Search Engine

Feed Burner